Wednesday, 18 September 2013

Still going

Went cycling Monday night with H again but for some reason I found it harder this time. 

Yesterday morning I did day 2 of the c210k app. I held my iPhone this time rather than having it in a pouch on my arm.  I found this worked so much better for me.  I was able to look at it when I felt like giving up and see that I only had 15 seconds more of running and keep going. 

I did cheat a little towards the end.  On the last 2 running times I paused it and walked a little longer before starting the run. It wasn't because I was out of breath but because my legs were hurting so much.

I think a lot of the pain is down to the weight I'm carrying and the fact I'm not use to running.  Although I am also wondering if some of it is down to my trainers.  The more I read the more I understand how the trainers you wear can effect you.

Our local running store Sweatshop explains some of this and I think I'm going to have to find some money to buy a decent pair.

It's interesting seeing different people's reactions to me doing this.  On the whole people have been very supportive but there has been some that haven't even to the point of making me doubt myself.  I very much doubt I will be able to run the whole half marathon in 6 months but I hope to be able to run a big chunk of it.

Not sure what I'm doing today.  I have factored Wednesdays as either a second rest day or some sort of cross training depending on how I feel.  I might go out for a walk or something later.  I plan on running again tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment